November 10, 2013
Today at church, Sunday school students of all ages got together to be thankful. They learned about the Legend of the Five Kernels. The Legend of the Five Kernels talks about how the first winter spent in the colonies was very cold and how they had very little food to eat, sometimes only eating five corn kernels on a daily basis. Each kernel stood for something:
- The first kernel reminds us of the Autumn beauty around us
- The second kernel reminds us of our love for each other
- The third kernel reminds of God’s love and care for each other
- The fourth kernel reminds us of our friends and family
- The fifth kernel reminds us that we are free
After discussing this, each student received 5 candy corns to represent each kernel and place on their Thanksgiving table.